Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Salvation - Part Nine
Proofs through the word of God that salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ and not by good works alone.
In our last installment of salvation, we used logic or reasoning to prove that salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. In this installment, we will prove the same through the word of God.
The following Bible verses affirm that salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ:
1. John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."
2. Ephesians 2:8-9 - "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- not by works, so that no one can boast."
3. Acts 16:31 - "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved- you and your household."
4. Romans 10:9 - "That if you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."
5. Romans 1:16 - "I am not ashamed of the gospel because it is the power of God for the salvation of every one who believes."
6. Hebrews 10:39 - "But we are not of those who shrinks back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved."
7. 1John 5:13 - " I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life."
8. John 3:18 - "Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son."
9. John 3:36 - "Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."
10. Romans 3: 23-24 - "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus."
When Jesus uttered one of His last words on the cross before dying, "it is finished," He meant just that. His work of redemption is finished and man just have to accept that amazing grace of salvation by accepting Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
How many times must we insult the Father by attempting to make our own ways of salvation through good works that will never ever suffice? Good works are the fruits of salvation and never the means.
I Simply Live For You - Hillsong