Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Practice Not Idolatry
"And God spoke all these words:
I am the Lord your God, who brought
you out of Egypt, out of the land of
You shall have no other gods before Me.
You shall not make for yourself an idol in
the form of anything in heaven above or
on the earth below.
You shall not bow down to them or worship
them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous
God, punishing the children for the sin
of the fathers to the third and fourth generation
of those who hate Me, but showing love to
thousands who love me and keep my commandments.
You shall not misuse the name of the Lord
your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone
guiltless who misuses His name."
Exodus 20: 1-7
Is it any wonder why there are so much suffering and pains in the world? Innocent and young children suffer generational curses because of the abominable sins of their parents and grandparents. Bowing and kneeling down and praying to idols are all forms of worship. If we do this to anybody except to the one and only true God of the universe and the whole creation, we reap for ourselves and for our children and grandchildren up to the fourth generation, extreme curses and condemnation from heaven. "God is Spirit and His worshippers must worship in Spirit and in truth." (John 4:24)
Here I Am To Worship - Hillsong
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
The Lord Watches Over You
"I lift up my eyes to the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not
indeed, He who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord watches over you-
the Lord is your shade at your
the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.
The Lord will keep you from all harm-
He will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your
coming and going
both now and forevermore.
(Psalm 12: 1-8)
We can sleep peacefully knowing fully well that the Lord watches over us. He neither sleeps nor slumbers and will never let even our foot to slip. Thus is the protection covered by the Lord to His children who obey His will and follow His path. Joy and blessings will be theirs forevermore.
I Just Want To Be Where You Are - Don Moen
Tags: God, Jesus Christ, Holy Spirit, God Watches Over Us, Protection, Guidance, Divine Providence, Strength, Power, Presence, Gospel, Word of God, Holy Bible
Posted by: Mel Avila Alarilla
Gospel/Word of God/Holy Bible
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Proofs through the word of God that salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ and not by good works alone.
In our last installment of salvation, we used logic or reasoning to prove that salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. In this installment, we will prove the same through the word of God.
The following Bible verses affirm that salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ:
1. John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."
2. Ephesians 2:8-9 - "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- not by works, so that no one can boast."
3. Acts 16:31 - "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved- you and your household."
4. Romans 10:9 - "That if you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."
5. Romans 1:16 - "I am not ashamed of the gospel because it is the power of God for the salvation of every one who believes."
6. Hebrews 10:39 - "But we are not of those who shrinks back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved."
7. 1John 5:13 - " I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life."
8. John 3:18 - "Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son."
9. John 3:36 - "Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."
10. Romans 3: 23-24 - "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus."
When Jesus uttered one of His last words on the cross before dying, "it is finished," He meant just that. His work of redemption is finished and man just have to accept that amazing grace of salvation by accepting Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
How many times must we insult the Father by attempting to make our own ways of salvation through good works that will never ever suffice? Good works are the fruits of salvation and never the means.
I Simply Live For You - Hillsong
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
"Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For everything in the world- the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does- comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever."
(1John 2: 15-17)